The Equine Council is made up of legal persons, all having an interest in one or several areas of the equine sector in Champagne-Ardenne. The regional member bodies are split into 4 different colleges :
1st college : leisure and sport horses.
This College unites all professional leisure and sport-horse breeders and users.
It is composed of the ARDCP [Regional Association for the Development of the Horse & Pony] and the CRE [Regional Equestrian Committee].
2nd college : heavy horses and horse-trekking.
This College unites all professional Ardenne heavy-horse users and breeders with the horse-trekking sector.
It is composed of the Regional Federation of Ardenne Heavy-Horse Breeders & Users and of the CRTE [Regional Horse-Trekking Committee].
3rd college : horse-racing
This College unites all players from the horse-racing world.
It is composed of the Regional Racehorse Breeders’ Association and the 3 horse-racing societies of the region.
4th college : ancillary activities
This College unites all persons involved in agricultural training and carriage-driving and is also intended to integrate activities related to the equine sector (veterinarians, farriers, etc.)
Members of the Governing Board
- Chairman : Michel AUBERTIN (College 1)
- Vice-Chairman : Michel CACHARD (College 2)
- Vice-Chairman : Xavier BIND (College 3)
- Treasurer : Bernard CHAMPION (College 3)
- Secretary : François BELZ (College 1)
College 1 :
- Michel GUIOT (Chairman of the ARDCP)
- Patrick de TREGLODE (Chairman of the CRE)
- Dominique HENNION (CRE Executive Committee)
College 2 :
- Laurent GAUVAIN (Regional Federation of Ardenne Heavy-Horse Breeders and Users)
- Pascal GUICHARD (Regional Federation of Ardenne Heavy-Horse Breeders and Users)
- Serge BABLON (Regional Federation of Ardenne Heavy-Horse Breeders and Users)
- Nicole COLLARD (CRTE)
College 3 :
- Gilles JEZIORSKI (Chairman of the Reims Horse-Racing Society)
- Xavier FOLLOT (Chairman of the Châlons-en-Champagne Horse-Racing Society)
- Régis RATAUX (for private and public agricultural education)
- Guy MATRAS (Chairman of the Champagne Carriage-Driving Association)